Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I heard it... and it was really weird

So I was on the way back from a meeting with my boss today.  As we were having a conversation I heard something come out of my mouth that I have never heard before.  I said the word "out" and heard the dreaded Canadian accent.  This is the first time I have ever heard it seriously.  I have heard it plenty of times when people try to show me how I sound but I've never really heard it out of my own mouth before.  This is the weirdest thing ever.  I now understand why Americans make so much fun of it, it really sounds weird and kind of funny.

On another slightly more spiritual note.  I have been really struggling with God's current prompting in my life.  I really love where I am right now and it seems like an excellent place for me to grow in so many ways but I know this isn't where I am supposed to be.  As I have been coming to terms with going back to the Maritimes, God has given me a huge passion for Sussex Wesleyan Church.  I would say this annoys me and I want to kick and scream at this.  But it is such a burden of love that I can not help but feel peace towards this.  The weird thing is that this isn't staying internalized.  It has just started to flow out of me.  My wife even said that I was seeming perky, which even the idea of such things was described years previous as a sign of the apocalypse.  I am enjoying this being more Christ centered.  Possibly even being sanctified, but I'll let the theologians debate that.

2 comments:

Tammy Craig said...

First off...HAHAHAHA!!! At your accent!! ;)

Secondly, Sussex Wesleyan, eh? That's a huge change. Isn't it weird how God sometimes leads us into directions we NEVER thought we would EVER want to go? But when He leads us there, He changes our hearts? God is so cool like that...

Matt "the Bat" said...

Yeah it seemed so weird at first to me as well but now it feels as natural as going to Baptist Park