Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Great Job Hunt

Job hunting has to be the downfall of human civilization. Well I doubt it is but it man does it feel like that when you are in the process of finding a job. If you don't have connections it doesn't matter how many jobs are near by, or how qualified you are, you won't get anything. I have been job hunting since my last post and only last week did I find something and that was by luck because it was through connections. I'm not even trained to do this job, but because I knew a guy I got the job.
I am trained as to work with Youth and in counseling. I am not trained to as crack filler. I work with people thats what I am good at. I rock at retail, most pastors do, because we are people persons. We are good at helping people, thats what retail is a service. But did I get an interview at any retail place, nope. Also keep in mind I have worked retail in the past. Try and make sense of that.
The disturbing fact of the matter is that I am trained and really good at a job that is constantly short changed or asked constantly to be done for free. And why is this because I use God as a motivator to why I help. Yet a civil servant who tends to be detatched, and distanced, and just ineffective because they've gotten beaten by the job. But its rare for pastors to just lose it and when they do it never long. We have a love for this, it isn't work it's life. It's sad that the world doesn't work out the way it should, but I will fight to help people. And maybe one day it will actually help out my wallet as well, until then good luck and God bless.

No comments: